- Independent Bottle Shop Professional
About Melbourne Street Cellars:
- Melbourne Street Cellars is one of Adelaide’s oldest Independent Bottle-Shops, with a broad selection of over 1000 different wines, more than 500 Craft Beers and an ever-evolving selection of Spirits.
- These offerings include value picks, classics, fine & natural from local & abroad, as well as a continually evolving array of eclectic drops to keep things fresh & exciting.
- Melbourne Street Cellars has recently undertaken an intensive period of modernisation and growth. We are now offering a rare opportunity for a self-motivated, dynamic go-getter to join our small team, playing a pivotal role in allowing us to continue this journey.
- Your role would be all-encompassing and hands-on across most areas of specialist independent liquor retail, including but not limited to:
- Providing an exceptional, personalised and genuine customer service experience, this is first & foremost.
- Ensuring all displays are well stocked, and the store is clean & presentable at all times.
- Drawing on your existing product knowledge and experience to make recommendations in matching customer tastes and needs.
- You will utilise your existing skillset & strengths to contribute in continuing the cellars forward. This may include but would certainly not be limited to: social media, drafting product descriptions/reviews, contributing towards our online store or utilising merchandising expertise.
- Please use your application to detail how you can contribute and provide some examples of past efforts.
- For candidates with a serious passion for craft beer, your role may also include a substantial degree of autonomy in improving & guiding our Craft Beer program alongside the Cellars Manager.
- Ideal Candidate will be available weekends and weekday afternoons/evenings on a regular basis.
- Flexible Hours, 15-40 hours/wk depending on candidate/experience.
- WSET level 3+ or equivalent wine industry experience is preferred
- WSET level 2 or equivalent industry experience is essential
- UoA Viticulture & Oenology students with some prior experience are also encouraged to apply.
- A keen interest/knowledge in all things craft beer & spirits.
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude & thrives in a team-orientated work environment. Able to work independently & unsupervised.
- Computer & Point-of-Sale literate
- Physically capable of regularly lifting & moving wine/beer cartons
- RSA & Responsible Person Badge (or willing to obtain)